(I seek refuge in God from Satan the outcast.)
(In the name of God, the Beneficent, the Merciful.)
211. Ask of the Children of Israel how many a clear Signs We gave them! He who altereth the Grace of Allah after it hath come unto him (for him), lo! Allah is Severe in punishment.
211. Sal Baniii-‘Is-raaa-‘iila kam ‘aataynaahum-min ‘Aa-yatim-bayyinah. Wa many-yubaddil ni’-matallaahi mim-ba’-di maa jaaa-‘at-hu fa- ‘innAllaaha Shadiidul- ‘iqaab.
- They were set free from the oppression of Pharaoh. Pharaoh used to cause the slaughtering of the Children of Israel and keep their daughters alive, take hard labor from them, disgrace and ruin them in all respect. Allah Almighty saved them from his oppression.
- A glorious Prophet named Moses (peace be upon him) was sent by Him into them, who brought them out from the slavery of Pharaoh, fear and dominion of the Qabtiis.
- Drowned their enemy Pharaoh into the sea before their eyes.
- Kept them under the shadow of clouds during their
period in the deserts of
, sent down Manna and Quail for their food, caused to flow for them twelve springs of water. Sinai Valley
- Revealed Torah upon Prophet Moses (peace be upon him) for their guidance.
- · Settled them in their own Country Palestine.
- Maintained a channel of Prophets (peace be upon them) among their race for a long time.