48. And guard yourselves against a Day when no soul will in aught avail another, nor will intercession be accepted from it, nor will compensation be received from it, nor will they be helped.
48. WattaquuYawmal-laa tajzii nafsun ‘an-nafsin- shay-‘anw-wa laa yuqbalu minhaa shafaa-‘atunw-wa laa yu’-khazu minhaa ‘ad-lunw-wa laa hum yun-saruun.
- Any other individual should admit that the crime was committed by him (instead of the actual guilty).
- Set the guilty free on anyone’s recommendations.
- Let him off by paying some compensation (cash).
- Get him free violently.